About Me

I used to be a UNIX systems admin, but got tired of the corporate games. Now I work for myself. I'm still good with the computers, though (grin).

Friday, September 28, 2007

More abuse of power - And you still think it won't happen to you.



60 year old woman arrested, strip searched for questioning powerline surveyors

She wants to talk to surveyors about power lines set to cross her property and gets arrested for disorderly conduct. A deputy says she made threats.

What? Did she threaten to get a lawyer to preserve her property rights? A 60 year old woman is going to make physical threats against a group of men?

She's lucky she wasn't tasered to death, I guess.

This deputy needs a talking to, preferably by his boss, in no uncertain terms.

People DO have a right to question authority and petition the government for redress of grievances. Saying you are considering taking action to preserve your rights must not be allowed to be construed as a threat. I don't know what she said, but it sure looks like more police state shenanigans, doesn't it?

conhed

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: