About Me

I used to be a UNIX systems admin, but got tired of the corporate games. Now I work for myself. I'm still good with the computers, though (grin).

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Talking to God

“You do know that the reason that there is pain in the world is because there must be a contrast to pleasure, don’t you?”

“Yes, Lord.”

“And the reason for illness is to give the healthy a reason to rejoice?”

“Yes, Lord.”

“Why do you think I made it so that there are people who corrupt my teachings?”

“I would guess that you did so in order for the pure of heart to see that there must be balance in all things, Lord. That man has free will enough to choose between your will and his own, but that even he who corrupts your teachings can seek your solace when he sees the error of his way.”

“Why do you think there are so many religions, and so much hatred between them?”

“Lord, you spoke of faith and redemption. And you said that you had arranged it so that man could see the path if he would only but look. Those who saw the path spoke of it to others and in imperfect language, so that the ideas were corrupted, and imperfect humans seized upon these imperfect ideas as the perfection of your will. Thus they led those with no vision on paths to destruction. They call these paths religions. Lord, I have a question.”

“Yes, my son?”

“Why did you create man in such a way that all this is necessary?”

“I wanted to invent curiosity.”

No comments: